- This event has passed.
Diversity in Beer Writing Grant Stories: Jonathan Andrade on the Lasting Legacy of the SoCal Cerveceros
September 15, 2021 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
What does it take to create America’s largest Latino-based homebrew club? Learn how this group has thrived and blossomed into a mosaic of nearly 250 diverse beer aficionados, mirroring the ethnic melting pot of its Los Angeles County stomping grounds.
Jonathan Andrade shares the background to his pitch and reporting on “SoCal Cerveceros, America’s Largest Latino-Based Homebrew Club, Is Making Its Mark.”
Jonathan Andrade is an award-winning journalist based in Southern California. A sports enthusiast turned craft beer aficionado, Jonathan highlights breweries and tasting rooms on his YouTube channel, Brews With Masters.
See the work of grant recipients:
- Jen Blair (2021): A Seat at the Table: Vegan, Vegetarian Food Offer Breweries Gateway to New Customers
- Stephanie Grant (2020): Creating Safe Spaces for Women in the Beer Industry
- Alessandra Bergamin (2020): A Cross-Border Brew Fosters the Next Generation of Latina Brewers
- Louis Livingston-Garcia (2020): Brewing Change Collaborative Tackles Diversity in the Twin Cities Beer Community
- Beth Demmon (2019): Craft, Community, and Children: The State of Parenting in the American Beer Industry
- Adriana Fraser (2019) Celebrating Women in Beer at 2019 Beer With(out) Beards Festival
- Rebecca Johnson (2018): Pride, Not Prejudice: Brewing Safe Spaces for the LGBTQ+ Community