As part of the Diversity in Beer Writing Grant series, Jonathan Andrade has written a story highlighting America’s largest Latino-based homebrew club. Read his story on Craftbeer.com to learn more about this group and its members.
About Jonathan Andrade: An award-winning journalist based in Southern California, Jonathan is sports enthusiast turned craft beer aficionado. He highlights breweries and tasting rooms on his YouTube channel, Brews With Masters.
See the work of previous grant recipients:
- Jen Blair (2021): A Seat at the Table: Vegan, Vegetarian Food Offer Breweries Gateway to New Customers
- Stephanie Grant (2020): Creating Safe Spaces for Women in the Beer Industry
- Alessandra Bergamin (2020): A Cross-Border Brew Fosters the Next Generation of Latina Brewers
- Louis Livingston-Garcia (2020): Brewing Change Collaborative Tackles Diversity in the Twin Cities Beer Community
- Beth Demmon (2019): Craft, Community, and Children: The State of Parenting in the American Beer Industry
- Adriana Fraser (2019) Celebrating Women in Beer at 2019 Beer With(out) Beards Festival
- Rebecca Johnson (2018): Pride, Not Prejudice: Brewing Safe Spaces for the LGBTQ+ Community