The North American Guild of Beer Writers (NAGBW) supports writers, authors, reporters, and podcasters who cover the beer industry. Our goal is to help members enhance their coverage and understanding of beer as a means to better inform the public and raise awareness of stories from across the industry.
To accomplish this, we offer members opportunities through:
- Networking events
- Members-only weekly email and Slack channel
- Annual awards.
- In 2018, we launched our Diversity in Beer Writing Grant, which supports journalists to tell stories of traditionally underserved and underrepresented communities.
The Reporter’s Notebook is our way of capturing insights and stories in real-time, and offering them to you to help you.
- Brian Alberts, @Brewed_Culture – writer (member-at-large)
- Jeremy Banas, @ruinationpress – author (member-at-large)
- Kate Bernot, @kbernot – writer (member-at-large)
- Jay Brooks, @brookston – author and columnist (co-chair)
- Alexi Front, @heavy_hops – podcaster (member-at-large)
- Steve Hamburg, @steviehamburg – writer (treasurer)
- Stan Hieronymus, @stanhieronymus – author and blogger (member-at-large)
- Jess Infante, @JessicaInfante – writer (member-at-large)
- Ben Keene, @WhereandBack – writer and editor (member-at-large)
- Samer Khudairi, @sameri8383 – writer (member-at-large)
- Don Tse, @thedonofbeer – writer (member-at-large)