Diversity in Beer Writing Grant Stories: Jen Blair on Creating a Seat at the Table with Vegan, Vegetarian Food
September 1 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Can expanded food selections be a part of change to a beer industry working to welcome more drinkers? Hear form Jen Blair, who wrote “A Seat at the Table: Vegan, Vegetarian Food Offer Breweries Gateway to New Customers” as part of NAGBW’s Diversity in Writing Grant series.
Listen about her pitch, the reporting behind the story, and how you can explore new ideas and connections in beer and journalism.
See the work of grant recipients:
- Jonathan Andrade (2021): SoCal Cerveceros, America’s Largest Latino-Based Homebrew Club, Is Making Its Mark
- Jen Blair (2021): A Seat at the Table: Vegan, Vegetarian Food Offer Breweries Gateway to New Customers
- Stephanie Grant (2020): Creating Safe Spaces for Women in the Beer Industry
- Alessandra Bergamin (2020): A Cross-Border Brew Fosters the Next Generation of Latina Brewers
- Louis Livingston-Garcia (2020): Brewing Change Collaborative Tackles Diversity in the Twin Cities Beer Community
- Beth Demmon (2019): Craft, Community, and Children: The State of Parenting in the American Beer Industry
- Adriana Fraser (2019) Celebrating Women in Beer at 2019 Beer With(out) Beards Festival
- Rebecca Johnson (2018): Pride, Not Prejudice: Brewing Safe Spaces for the LGBTQ+ Community